Our Parish

Font-Size: Default

Our Parish Church opened on Christmas Eve 1939 and the first Mass was celebrated on Christmas day 1939.

The church replaced the St Winifred’s Chapel in Manor Lane (now St Winifred’s Infants School Hall), which was the first Catholic church in Lee.

Our Lady of Lourdes is a parish of the Archdiocese of Southwark, and is part of the Lewisham Deanery.

We are a thriving multicultural parish welcoming more than 30 nationalities in a weekly mass attendance circa 600. Our church and Parish hall are also used for a Nigerian Edo Mass and by the Syro Malabar community for Masses, sacramental preparation and celebrations.

We are a Fairtrade parish, promoting and selling Fairtrade goods on a regular basis. We are committed to living simply and shortly hope to achieve the CAFOD Live Simply Award.

Our Parish is committed to the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Together with the diocese we cooperate fully with CSAS, the Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service, which helps the church become an example of best practice in the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and develop a ‘culture of vigilance’ to ensure that children and vulnerable adults in our care are kept safe from harm. Our safeguarding officer is Kate Ballard.

The Parish is a member of Churches together in Lee, joining other Christian churches in witnessing to Jesus Christ, both by worshipping together at certain times in the year and by helping the whole community through the work of Lee Oasis.

We have 2 schools in the Parish, which most of our younger children attend– St Winifred’s Juniors and St Winifred’s Infant and Nursery. There are great links between Parish and schools with school with shared liturgies, events and facilities.